Next Generation Legacy: Our Future

community_operations_50.png

NEXT GENERATION LEGACY
OUR FUTURE

Hello everyone,

I'd like to begin by saying thank you for your support during these strange times. It's no surprise to everyone that the server clearly isn't doing very well, and we'd like to apologise to everyone who genuinely came onto our community to have a fun time.

In this announcement i'd like to set out the plan we've made for the future of this community and where we're going to be heading. Next Generation Legacy will be locking its UG:MP Game Server tonight, the reasons for which I'd like to explain below.

A CLARIFICATION:
Next Generation Legacy aimed to move on from an old era of the 'Next Generation' brand and with the arrival of UG:MP we found a route for the community to take which didn't involve the same old SA:MP branding we'd previously used. NGG had previously always been a low quality roleplay server, this however we did not wish to carry on in NGL. Our community not only has players from the previous Next Generation Gaming community but instead also has players from all over the SA:MP Community wishing to see what UG:MP has to offer. We made a mistake by not clarifying what type of server this is - and we'd like to fix that now. Next Generation Legacy is a medium roleplay server and we should've been enforcing rules of a medium roleplay server. We're sorry to all the players that had previously logged on and seen such a poor quality of roleplay in game - we hope that we can fix this by enforcing the rules properly on relaunch.

UNDERGROUND MULTIPLAYER:
The client we're currently using is new and there were obviously going to be bugs and issues that we did not foresee. The past week or so has now taught us of what to expect and we're working closely with the UG Developers to help us solve these issues - the majority of which we now have and thanks to the 4.1.7 build the majority of these issues have been resolved.

We'd like to thank the UG:MP Dev Team for their continued support and hope we can do all we can as a community to make your project even more successful than it currently is.

YOUR SUGGESTIONS:
Myself and @Nicole have been constantly looking over the community suggestions channel searching for ideas and improvements which we can add. We understand that there has been multiple issues ranging from the staff team to the management of the gang and faction scene as well as in game opportunities to develop your characters. Again, I do apologise on behalf of the staff team for not acting on your suggestions earlier down the line however we cannot go back and change what has happened. We can however learn from our mistakes and attempt to grow as a result of them, which is what we are hoping to do.

The majority of your suggestions have been looked at by myself and my team and we are currently working on the implementation of them. Some of them require scripting which @Hector has been working extremely hard on and is currently attempting to add in. We will be creating a new section on the forums called the 'Feature Showcase' which we'll continuously update by showcasing the newest features we've added in. We'll also be creating a list of the suggestions used on the forums for everyone to see.

We're constantly working on updating our server and our development possibilities are quite endless, so if you do have any cool ideas you'd like to share please do so by posting it in the #server-suggestions channel on discord or on the forums!

GAME AFFAIRS:
@Noel and @Mitch have been working extremely hard to renovate the department and create fairer opportunities in game with a balanced gang and faction management system. We have decided to only have the Vice City Police Department (VCPD) and the Vice City Fire & Medical Department (VCFMD) as the only open factions currently due to the playerbase.

Factions will also be having some cool new updates and features added to them which as mentioned earlier will be showcased once implemented on the forums. In terms of Gangs, we realise we have made a huge mistake in our management of them and we do apologise. We have now had the chance to review the suggestions given to us by the playerbase and have as a result decided to only issue a maximum of 3 gang slots currently and we will continue to again showcase new features on the forums. We have also looked into balancing gangs and factions which @Noel will be explaining further closer to the servers release date. We hope that with these changes to Game Affairs we can create a fairer and better system of roleplay in game.

COMMUNITY OPERATIONS:
@McLaren, myself and @Nicole have been working extremely hard and have spoken to members of the community regarding the staff team and its current structure. We have again tried to cater for the community by attempting to reduce the levels of unneeded bureacracy and have asked our admins to approach players whenever they can. Admins now have open offices on TeamSpeak as well as our PMs open meaning you can approach any of us regarding any issue you may be facing and we'll be able to point you in the right direction.

WE'LL BE BACK SOON!
Next Generation Legacy belongs to its players and as admins we'll do our best to ensure this community moves in the direction you want it to move.

I hope the changes we've made above will help bring this community back on its feet. I hope you all have a great weekend, Next Generation Legacy we estimate will reopen its game server on Saturday, 6th March with the time to be announced however this is subject to change. This has been done to give us time to implement your suggestions and for us to talk to you all.

We hope to see you in a week's time, till then, stay safe!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Tactics changed the title to Next Generation Legacy: Our Future
  • Tactics pinned and featured this topic

NGG was always considered as medium rp server, but whichever level of rp this might be, those players which want to roleplay will do it, those who don't won't - simple as that.

Second, NGG lived and died by two things 1. playerbase and 2. staff team / server which doesn't have players can't have rp community, and without rp community... what's the purpose? And, well.. regarding staff team... I did not play here (on UG) and I have no intention of doing it, but yeah we all know what I'm talking about so try not to make the same mess here... give players freedom and don't screw them the way you did on samp, and if UG actually have potential it's going to work out eventually... 

Stuff like lack of rp potential, boring script, bugs, xyz toxic players... let's be real, that never killed the server... it was here back 10 years ago and it was there when server was on it's peak.. 

I've been lurking forums for past few days so yeah.. I thought of giving some input, some might like it and some might not, but at this point it truly is objective.

17 hours ago, SkylineGT said:

NGG was always considered as medium rp server, but whichever level of rp this might be, those players which want to roleplay will do it, those who don't won't - simple as that.

Second, NGG lived and died by two things 1. playerbase and 2. staff team / server which doesn't have players can't have rp community, and without rp community... what's the purpose? And, well.. regarding staff team... I did not play here (on UG) and I have no intention of doing it, but yeah we all know what I'm talking about so try not to make the same mess here... give players freedom and don't screw them the way you did on samp, and if UG actually have potential it's going to work out eventually... 

Stuff like lack of rp potential, boring script, bugs, xyz toxic players... let's be real, that never killed the server... it was here back 10 years ago and it was there when server was on it's peak.. 

I've been lurking forums for past few days so yeah.. I thought of giving some input, some might like it and some might not, but at this point it truly is objective.

Hi Skyline, we're working on introducing new features to make the roleplay in game more fun and like I mentioned in the announcement we'll be showcasing these features once we're fully done implementing them into the game. We've also reworked our staff team and are working really hard to try implement all the suggestions we've been given. Thanks for your feedback though.

8 minutes ago, uosʎʇ said:

i don't think theres any future with the way y'all cooperate sorry love the brand and some of the people but theres childish minds and alot of ego invloved so it'll be very rough 4y'all 

thats my honest opinion 

I'm not too sure what you're referring to but we are working on making changes as mentioned in the announcement including clamping down on toxicity and general rule breaking across our services. I hope this response helps.

• Tactics unfeatured this topic